Over the years I have gradually begun to think of prayer as a personal commune with God, Mary, Angels, or all of the aforementioned. It can take a while to get to the point where you feel a sort of “energy flow”.
I think there are a lot of different ways to pray, but it might help to think about how you envision it for yourself. Some people recite traditional prayers, and others meditate abstractly.
What effect does prayer have in terms of interpersonal communication between humans and God?
- Does it strengthen connections?
- Does it establish connections?
- Does prayer give strength to either party?
- Does it channel energy in a positive direction?
- Are you helping someone when you pray?
What is the nature of prayer?
- Should you give thanks?
- Should you ask for blessings for yourself or others?
- Is it a neutral meditative contemplation to center your values, feelings, and alignment?
How often should you pray? Many people pray once or twice a day. You can also read a short religious/spiritual passage once a day.